chichimom79's 60 gallon cube

The Midas Blenny is peeking out of the rocks and putting on the stripes if I get too close. The wrasse seems to be quite at home checking things out. Pics are with lights out for acclimation purposes, but they are okay considering...
014-10_zps95c8e103.jpg

022-6_zps1e65bc0e.jpg

025-4_zps13ed90cb.jpg

023-5_zps19507fab.jpg

I am so stoked, not only because I love, love, love these fish. Also because this completes my fish stocking and I can put my Maroon Clowns in here in a month or so if everything is going well. The Green Mandarin and the Blue Flasher Wrasse are both doing fantastic. :D That makes six fish, and I am happy with that. I think my next focus will be finding a nice bubble tip nem. :bounce:

I need to do a good coral update. I have gotten a few things, mainly from fastrd400 that are super fantastic! His frags are awesome. The thing is, my glass is full of coraline, and I need to take a razor to it. At the same time, I have a disk issue in my back and haven't been able to play with my tanks like I want or need to. A bunch of stuff needs glued down, etc... But the corals have looked great since upgrading to the Kessil. I am super pleased with it.

Dang I must be old:grumble: or maybe its because I am sick but I cant see anything in the pictures...More light please....

A few more pics with the lights on. I think the blenny has some ich. You can kind of see it in the picture. All I know to do is keep it well fed to keep the immunity up. Im using Rods Food and Nutimar Ova to feed right now. Any other suggestions would be welcome while i go browse the ich threads...:frustrat: Must have been a long hard trip from Africa.
001-10_zpscab55d42.jpg

004-7_zpsbb3817c0.jpg

007-15_zpsbc208b71.jpg

Nice looking fish, you could add some garlic to the food you feed to help boast the immune system. As long as they eat they should pull through ok.

The new fish are doing great and no more signs of any spots. Yay!!
Have some more pics to share. Got a few good ones of the new blenny and wrasse and even caught my mandarin out long enough to get a few good shots! Also wanted to show you the before and after shots since I have had my new light and started dripping kalk. The coralline growth is insane. I have to take a razor blade to this tank soon! I actually haven't been able to do much maintenance because of the bulging disk in my back. :( I haven't been dripping kalk the last few weeks either. My BF has been helping me with keeping the tanks topped off. I am so glad he likes my hobby! lol
011-13_zpsd2f1a734.jpg

010-13_zps901300f9.jpg

004-7_zps50452656.jpg

My goodness, photobucket is being sloooowwwww..... it's taking like five minutes to load a page. I will post the mandarin and before and after shots later I guess. Booo :grumble:

Last edited:
Back