chichimom79's 60 gallon cube

my clowns like my duncan coral. ever since they started hosting it, it hasnt looked the same as for polyp extension. If you move the coral, do they follow it? it may be in a specific location they like; I would move it and see if they continue to host it else where.

Well my clowns loved my mushrooms and my lobo to great states of uber pissed off. Also loved my hammer but go over that really quick. The spot I find them in the most is the left corner of the tank near the overflow. Wish I had a bubble tip for them to try and love.

My Blue Flasher Wrasse is MIA. He had been looking skinny so I assume he has passed and been eaten by cuc. That is the second fish I have slowly lost after they just kept getting skinnier. The first that died this way was the first Midas Blenny I had. I feed daily but do skip a day here and there. I mainly am feeding Rod's food and a little Nutrimar Ova. Sometimes just plain mysis and on occasion a few New Life Spectrum pellets. He hid most of the time after putting my clowns in the tank, so Im guessing they stressed him to death. Im not going to try to add another fish to the system. Im happy with the five I have in there plus I saw my first positive reading for nitrates since starting the system a year ago. Im guessing that's why the SPS ins't extending well also. All of the other fish, LPS, softies and clam seem to be doing very well.

New Eyes :)
019-4.jpg

006-19.jpg

013-7.jpg

great looking wellso. sorry to hear about the blenny. sounds like you could be feeding more. small meals throughout the day are very beneficial. i see you mention nitrates with your current regime, it might help in that regard by not having a single large feeding and instead smaller multiple feedings. will also keep stress andd aggressiveness down between fish, if any present. also, easier to handle bioload wise. if not home, an autofeeder with some quality flakes and pellets and a feeding ring work great to minimize waste and increase fatty fish count.

good luck regardless and thanks for the photo update!

I did treat the tank with prazipro the same week Sasha(Midas Blenny) died. Thats been months back now though.
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Just thinking if it was parasite related then your wrasse would have been treated at the same time, so probably not the source of thinness. I am sorry for your loss and hope he's the last one!

The bad news is that my clam tumbled down my rocks while I was away from home and sat atop my Mummy eye Chalice for who knows how long. The good news is, i'ts been over a week and he is still alive and responsive. He has a hole in his foot which is what I am worried about the most... in the picture you can see where the light is shining through a bit. The mantle has some damage and the shell was chipped a bit. I hope he pulls through this. :frustrat:

I also made a purchase yesterday that I am very excited about!! Meet my new RBTA!! The tentacles are kinda crazy on this one, and that made me love it even more. It's wierd just like me! LOL

FTS

Hope everyone has a great weekend enjoying their tanks!! :Cheers:

Thanks Kurt. It was doing so well and I am astonished but I think it may pull through. Why are you scared to try one? Give it a shot!

Well the burping it they get exposed and keeping my water to its liking also this mixed with the price tag of them here I just can't bring myself to pay 80-100+ on a small one.....
But I love them clams are one of my fav for sure...

Back