Child Proof Your Tanks (if you have kids)

I don't care what the law states if shes done something absolutely terrible ill spank her on the ass, or if she gets into things after i told her time after time, a light tap on the hand and go down to her level and say "no" followed by and explanation why. I'm all for that, but i think the law is flexible on these sorts of matters. I think its suppose to be for parents for example, Punching your kid in the face or over the top violence then by all means punish them.

There is a huge difference between discipline and abuse.But the way the laws are now,is whats causing a lot of these kids now to have little to no respect for authority,and little to no work ethics.

I have a 7 and 3 year old. The schools coddle them so much. There is no punishment whatsoever....they just call the parents and tell us what a bad job we are doing!

When I moved to Florida (in 7th grade) the first thing I found out was that Florida still used Corporal Punishment....
I was disciplined once with a paddle swat and never got in trouble again. Those were the good 'ol days!

:-)

But...since my kids are angels **ahem** I don't have to worry to much.

I remember those paddles well.
Seems like got it at least twice a year.Then got it again after I got home from school from my parents.

School here don't really do much about punishment these days, i mean you do get detention, expelled then finally expulsion . My mum is a Primary School (grade reception to 7) teacher and has been for 30 years, nearly, and has had her fair share of "trouble children", but then you look at how they are being bought up eg. Dads / Mums and alcoholic, they don't work mooching off the government etc, then you realize there is a trend to so called "bad" behavior. When I got in trouble at school, which was often, back in the day, Detention for me was frequent, so the frequent letters home to my parents just gave me the same conversation over and over "im not mad, but i am disappointed". By the end of High school (grade 8 - 12) my parents were shocked to see that my TER / HSC (High School Cirtificate), was up there with the best of them, meaning i could be whatever i wanted. I chose to be a graphic designer as i wanted a challenge since i was indeed full blown color blind. Parents said to me "what ever makes you happy, we will support you". I think the encouragment, support in the right circumstances goes a lot further than punishment.

oh well dogs eat poop all the time, kids are tough as nails, thats why they can fall out of trees and not get too hurt.

Spanking and time outs don't work on our kids, at least not in the long run. One thing that does is having them hold dumbells straight out on either side of them :) We have a set of 3lb and 5 lbs and that's enough for them once they've held it out there for a couple of minutes. And if they're really bad, we make them lean against the wall, knees perpendicular, and hold out the dumbells -- army style! I'd like to see the authorities find fault in that punishment!

We figure they might as well get in shape while in punishment LOL

When I was growing up, I only got whupped with a belt one time and I can honestly say I deserved it. But other than that, a stern look and a pssst was enough to straighten us out. But I had a friend who got chased around the house with a wooden spoon by her mom even while I sat in her living room. But for some reason, it was funny and I would laugh (cuz my friend would be laughing while running around the house away from her mom lol).

Back