Christmas coming EARLY!!

SonicGT02

Reefing newb
After getting my Christmas bonus on Friday :D, I decided to order my new skimmer. I'm getting the Reef Octopus Extreme SX 160. I just checked, they actually shipped it Friday and it's delivering today!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce: I've heard so many good things on here, I had to get one! Of course my daughter told me that since she's home and I'm at work, she's going to wrap it before I get home and make me wait until Christmas :grumble:

I really want to put it in tonight, but I guess I'll make myself wait until Christmas :mrgreen:
Any advice on start up? Does and don'ts?

Ok, my daugher said that I could open it, so I jumped right in :^:. I have a questions though. I've read that they work best in 8 to 10 inches of water. The water in my sump is 15 inches. What would be the best way to raise it up? Was thinking of maybe some egg crate type stuff. Don't know where I would get it though. Any suggestions?? The skimmer I have now is sitting on part of a large PVC pipe, but the pump isn't on the bottom like this skimmer.

Egg crate can be obtained at Home Depot or Lowes in the lighting department. If you have a store fixture type store in you area you can get an acrylic stand/block. Those work well too.

Back