Chromis acting weird and black spot :(

OSXFreak

Reefing newb
So I decided to make some changes to my tanks AquaScape lastnight. I was careful to make sure I did not crush anything...

Last night after I was finished, I noticed one of my green chromis was hiding in the back behind the rocks.

I figured he was just acting goofey. This AM when I woke up he popped right out and eat like a champ also swam around for a bit before going back behind rocks.

My wife just got home and pointed out that the shy one has a dark brown/black circle mark right behind his side fin. About center mass of his body.
All other fish seen fine, but worried he has some sickness..

Do you think this could be a sickness? or Stressed from all the aqua scaping done yesterday?

I'll try to get a pic and post it, but he is hiding right now, and if stressed out, no need to poke him with a net if not needed.

Thanks

Chip

Okay Scratch that post.. I think the Mystery spot is figured out. I lured him out with some food. He went crazy... needless to say, looks like either He scratched himself on the rocks, or I nicked him while moving stuff. The spot is not brown but red and looks like fresh flesh wound. Not deep but enough to pull off top layer of scales.

I'll keep an eye, but looks like it's an injury not illness.

So.. Any tips to help the healing or just leave him alone?

Thanks

Chip

I hope your fish gets better, but in the meantime that bike in your avatar looks nasty

Thanks for the bike comment. I enjoy it.. :)

Assuming Nasty is a compliment Lol

Sadly ole Greeny went belly up.. Kinda.

He wedged himself in a hole in a rock and I think for stuck. Probably how he got flesh wound the other day.

He was dead and a pain to pull out but he's gone now.

Thanks looks lime 2 Mk ore freebies coming tomorrow.

Chio

Nasty is definitely good. I have an 01 dyna wide glide that I really want to black out and do some work to. I have some V&H short shot pipes, screaming eagle kit, small stuff... One of those times where I wish I took up birdwatching as a hobby, much cheaper!

Sorry to hear about the fish.

Back