Cigars--David

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by RyanG, Jan 25, 2010.

1. RyanG

RyanG ^*Eternal Dumbass*^

David or other cigar aficiandos--I enjoy the occasional cigar. What do you recommend for something in a panatella or even MAYBE a corona size. Im looking for something with a fairly mild smoke. Something semi-classy as its an occasional thing and I want to enjoy it(not a Philly or White Owl) I used to enjoy an occasional Black and Mild when I was in the Army and still enjoy them now. Probably something in the $10 range(I think lol) Let me know.

OBTW I wont touch anything larger than a corona, they are far to phallic at this point and honestly my mouth and tongue can't handle that much smoke.

RyanG, Jan 25, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. RyanG

Alexander

Rocky patel "edge" maduro is my number one reccomendation. And they are about 7 bucks give or take. The ends are torpedo style so its easily controlled when cutting.

Fuente has a few good cigars

Another good one to consider is an oliva.

Aren't you trying to quit smoking? This won't help!

Alexander, Jan 26, 2010
    RyanG likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. RyanG

Alexander

Trinidads are great too... but slightly more money mostly because of a well known name.

Alexander, Jan 26, 2010
  4. RyanG

A weekly or monthly cigar isn't going to make a scratch in my pack to pack and a half cigarette habit homie.

RyanG, Jan 26, 2010
  5. RyanG

I only want to quit smoking for the health reasons, I actually enjoy smoking thats the problem.

RyanG, Jan 26, 2010
  6. RyanG

Alexander

I understand but its just something that could prove to become an excuse, like trying to lose weight and eating bad one day and talking yourself into eating bad again and again... ya know the snowball effect. I'm not discouraging it... just have concern for my friends :)

Alexander, Jan 26, 2010
  7. RyanG

Oh I know and its appreciated.

RyanG, Jan 26, 2010
  8. RyanG

dcantucson

Ryan,

Rocky Patel Edges and A. Fuente cigars are excellent cigars, but both ten to be on the Full Bodied side as does the Oliva Serie V brand. I would recommend the following cigars:

•Macanudo Cafe and Macanudo Gold Label are both excellent mild cigars. In fact the Cafe line is the number one selling mild cigar in the Country. Mainly because sales people will usually recommend it because it is a safe cigar to recommend. With that, it is considered a somewhat of a boring cigar without enough punch. In other words a lot of new cigar smokers find it too mild.

•Baccarat Cigars from Camacho are one of the few non-flavored premium cigars which are sweetened with sugars in the wrapper. When you place it into you mouth it will have a sweet taste from the wrapper. It is a very mild cigar as well.

•Romeo & Julieta Reserva Real cigars are an Altadis brand put out about 3-4 years ago to compete with the Macanudo line. They are very good mild cigars with a bit more flavor.

•Don Diego (regular line) excellent mild cigar, but not as popular.

•AVO XO and the AVO (regular line) both fall under the Davidoff name and are excellent mild cigars. The AVO XO is the better of the two but is $2-$3 more a stick.

•Helix Blue line and the Cusano M1 are both on the lower end price wise both are both fairly good mild cigars. The Cusano M1 and a bundled cigar and the least expensive.

•Don Thomas Clasico are affordable mild cigars and are a very popular smoke.

•Ashton (regular line) are on of the best mild/mild to medium cigars and are made by A. Fuente (the number two celling brand). These cigars are excellent and are one of the best available.

There are others if you need more recommendations. I would recommend you print this so you can take it in to your local Tobacconist's shop as most brands have several lines to them so it can be confusing. Also PLEASE stay away from Black and Milds (paper and pipe tobacco) and Phillies, White Owls, Opitimos, etc. because they contain a lot of paper products and are not handmade quality premium cigars. They use scraps of tobacco and processed (blunt type) wrappers. They are not all natural tobacco.

If you have any more questions or need help with anything else let me know. After 17 years of being an old fashion Tobacconist, I certainly know a hell a lot more on this topic than I do about reefing. :lol:

dcantucson, Jan 26, 2010
    RyanG likes this.
  9. RyanG

dcantucson

Also remember you DO NOT inhale cigar smoke so in that respect it is a better alternative to cigarettes. Although it is still not safe or good for you (disclaimer).

dcantucson, Jan 26, 2010
  10. RyanG

stagofdoom Phi Kappa Psi

My favorites (and I enjoy mild cigars) are

-Rocky Patel Connecticut
    -AVO XO
    -Monte Cristo (sp) white label
    -There are some good Ghurka's out ther
    -and CAO Gold

If you are looking for a mild smoke look for a Connecticut wrapper.

stagofdoom, Jan 26, 2010
    RyanG likes this.
  11. RyanG

Alexander

Um..... what David said.

I guess I just picked The style I liked instead of thinking a out what you were looking for
    How selfish!

Alexander, Jan 26, 2010
  12. RyanG

How selfish indeed! lol.

RyanG, Jan 26, 2010
  13. RyanG

AdeptMrSniffles I have a Blue Thumb

Know what can break your habit of smoking??? Think about the amount of Cheddar (($$$$$)) you'll save. I used to smoke and bought a pack ::reminiscing::..... every day. $35+ is a lot of money every week.

Plus getting bronchitis helped me quit also. Never been so sick in my life.

AdeptMrSniffles, Jan 26, 2010
  14. RyanG

Live in new york man! I spend $50 a week for a carton of smokes from the Indians, if I don't buy them on the reservation its more like $80.

RyanG, Jan 26, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question