clam...?good idea or no...

yes....:bounce:...i got my clam...:beerchug:...right now hes in the sump....its a maxima...i got him for $35..hes 2"..i will put pic up ones hes in the tank..

my wife got it for me...right now its open.and the lights are off.only my led s are one. is that a good sing...it was open at the store...

Sounds like it's doing well...as long as the mantle is out. They don't really close all the way, unless they're being harassed.

is my clam dead..or scare..or dead.
it looks like hes foot it all the way in..
CIMG10000.jpg

CIMG0005.jpg

CIMG0006.jpg

CIMG0007.jpg

If it deteriorated that fast, I'm guessing it was sick, or its foot was damaged at the LFS when it was bagged.

Derasa's are the least likely to attach and have foot problems, and they also have the lowest need for light, you may want to start with one of those. I've had mine for quite some time and its grown nicely, despite the fact that it lives under a tupperware container (to keep my Majestic Angel from snacking on it)

Sorry for your loss

in a bit im going to the store to go buy one...i dont want her to feel bad...if this new clam doesnt make it i know i cant keep clams...ill be very sad...

Damn bro...sorry to hear that..I doubt it was your tank out anything you did...like mentioned, it may have been injured at the lfs. That's how most of them get injured. Sorry again.

well i went to one of my lfs that i trust.i took the clam with me..he looked at it...he said it looks like something was eating it from the inside..that his foot was gone....or another thing that could of killed it..it could of been a wild clam and sometimes they come with parasites...when i pick up the clam it has a brisal worm..for that im getting a arrow crab....

The bristle worms will only attack a dead or dying clam. So you most likely bought a clam that was damaged from either collection or handling.

+1 Hannah, no bristle worm is going to attack a living clam, or a living anything for that matter - it definitely wasnt the worm.

If it was wild caught, it definitely could have been parasites - or the collector and/or LFS handled it poorly damaging the foot. Most clams do not recover from foot damage in captivity

im good friends with the owner from were i the took clam ..lfs...he said that he would look for a clam for me and keep it for a a while to make sure it was ok and it that it wiould make it...

Back