CLAM Propagation

kimoy

CERTIFIED BUM
to the mods: i don't know if this is the right place for it, please do move it to the right place if i'm not.

anyway, does anyone have a link or article on CLAM propagation?

kimoy confused at what you trying to find info on... are you wanting to move an already attached clam or are you looking to make baby clams?

brandon

I am not sure what triggers reproduction (i.e. lunar cycle, temp or photo period) but a clam will release eggs and another sperm and when the two happen to reach each other, a larvea is created and that floats around until it is strong enough to atach and start forming an adult clam

so if you were to try clam reproduction, you would need quite a few clams to make sure you have both males and females adequet lighting, and also some sort of filtration that wouldnt kill the lavea that get sucked up into it.

Also, you would have to find out what triggers spawning.

Brian

bkv1997 said:
kimoy confused at what you trying to find info on... are you wanting to move an already attached clam or are you looking to make baby clams?

brandon
wnat to try to make babies. if it is not that hard. i need to get information on it before starting and wants to know if how difficult to do this.

Back