clams and BTA

i would move it if you can and yes a BTA will kill almost anything it touches just ask yote he lost a ton of SPS coral to a BTA that decided to move accross the tank

You can try moving it but know that a bta will travel around the tank and plant it self wherever it wants. Hopefully it doesn't want to be wherever you put the clam. ;)

I have had it happen to me.. move it asap. I had a clam die that I had for close to 10 years it was about 18" (gigantis). I was out of town and when I came home the anemone next to my clam I moved my clam but it was already to late. :(

If the BTA stings the clam,the clam is as good as dead.
Keep the clam as far away from the anemone as possible.

Be careful moving the clam as he has cords under him anchoring him down. You might want to wedge so rock between the clam and the anenome. If the anenome moves up the rock then move the rock with the anenome to another part of the tank.

You can usually get a clam or anemone to release their foot by taking a butter knife and gently pressing it against the flesh. They will normally retract their foot when they feel the metal, and then you can safely lift the animal off the rock and move it while minimize the risk of you tearing its flesh.

Back