Clams?

Bryanb

Reefing newb
Ok I have 6 decent size clams in my tank, but not the nice maxima type but the ones that are just there. Are they bad in any way I know they filter and that is good but should I knock them off and use the space for coral?

how did you get those? they come in on your rock? i dont think they will hurt anything. maybe keep an eye on them for any changes.

I would live them in...they are not hurting anything at all. Whenever I would get new live rock I would be so happy to get those. Don't worry about them. I always liked the personality they gave the tank.

I don't plan on taking them out but just wanted some input and I have a lot of room for corals so they are safe for quite some time.

they do eat some of the microscopic life in your tank but the stuff they eat is specialized. if they dont rely on the sun for food then they clean the water constantly for food which does a lot for the water quality. i would leave them in if they are not showing signs of stress. you will probably have to put food in for them if you want them to survive

Back