clamsdirect.com, bad batch of clams(beware)

im not entirely convinced that it wasnt just a bad batch from the wholesale supplier, barry has enough of a good reputation that bluezooaquatics.com links all clams sales to clamsdirect.com

all these clams were in seperate bags and are now in seperate systems and other clams that these reefers have had are now dying especially nanook the rc mod he has best system i've ever seen he bought 12 clams from them and is losing them all with is older clams. something happened with batch from supplier and letmegrow on rc is our reef nerd that knows alot about saltwater stuff.

when i said bad batch from the supplier i meant a bad batch from barry's supplier, i just dont think if this guy wasnt reputable and knew what he was doing, bluezooaquatics wouldnt stake their reputation on him

barry take the best care of clams in his facility i don't think anyone is really blaming him some think he might not of quarantined long enough but clamsdirect has always been known for the best clams on market

for a couple of years now there has been some clam diseases going around in wild, even around here in st. louis haven't been seeing hardly any clams in lfs around here.

My LFS got in a bad batch of clams about a year ago; I had bought two of them. The two clams quickly died in my system, but luckily my other two older clams were fine. After that, my LFS did some researching and found that there was a disease going around, and they stopped selling clams altogether for about 4 months until they could guarantee that their clams were not going to be sick. Diseased clams are not all that uncommon, unfortunately.

Back