Clarki Clownfish

Piggy

Reef enthusiast
I finally had to get rid of Zippy. He became to aggressive for my tank. My tank seems weird without him. So now I'm thinking of getting another fish. Do you think it would be ok to get another smaller clown to go with my other one? Plus when do you know when a fish is getting to big for your tank?

Was Zippy a Clown? Also how could a Clown be to overcrowded in a 120 gal? What's in there? How many fishes you already got in there?

Clarkii's are pretty mean, I had to take my pair out my reef tank, my male would nip at my hand when I put it in the tank, and the female was nipping at my my polyps, causing them to stay closed...It's not a good idea to mix clowns, if you have one type of clown, get that same kind but make sure it is significantly larger or smaller.

I've had my clowns for a year and a half. Zippy was a clarki and Tony is a regular clown. I got rid of Zippy because he became way to aggressive. He did get along with Tony. He would chase my tangs and ram into any fish that got way to close to him. I tried rearranging which didn't help. That is why I got rid of him. So he's happy in his new home. The clown did not overcrowd my tank.

Piggy,You could try another clown.But I'd get one the same species of the one you still have,even then it could be fight time.50/50 shot there.
Clarkiis are just mean lil hellyuns to begin with.

I've had my mated pair of clarkii's about 5 yrs. They really don't venture out of their anemone unless I'm feeding them. They don't bother or chase any of the fish.

I have one and he BITES ME the entire time I'm in the tank, he had taken over all the anenomes I have 3 bubbles and 1 carpet he's evil

Back