Clarkii??

Duddy

Reefing newb
Our class project is up and running. 29 gallon biocube with Ecoxotic LED Pro retro kit and an Aquatic Life mini skimmer. The LFS had a Clarkii hosting an anemone. Although the Clarkii wasn't my first choice, seeing this symbiotic relationship in our tank was too much to resist. That being said, are we out of luck with adding any additional clowns? If we do add any more clowns do they have to be a smaller Clarkii? Any input is appreciated.

I personally would have a problem putting 2 clarkii's into a biocube, they can easily grow to the 6" max, which I think is a bit big. However, if you did choose to add another clown, a smaller clarkii would be your only real option. Adding another type of clown in such a small tank would only lead to problems IME.

Clarkii's are pretty mean. I wouldn't risk any other clown besides another Clarkii.
Here's my mated pair protecting their eggs.
clown-eggs3_4-2-12.jpg

We couldn't resist. Thankfully, even though this tank is newly established he adjusted quickly. It was previously in operation so it had lots of beneficial bacteria cranking in it and lots of live rock. The anemone came home attached to a rock with his little buddy "Clark" the clownfish in a separate bag. I believe because he was attached to a rock it made the transition quite smooth. He slid off the rock he was transferred on and found a new home in a cave and his little buddy found him right away. Everyone is eating and happy. Once my phone cooperates I will upload a pic, which is not nearly as impressive as Larry's monster sebae...lol

Don't laugh at me Larry...LOL
Mine was small when I bought it too. Here it is about 10 yrs ago. On the bottom left of the pic you can see part of a mushroom, which will give you an idea of it's size back then. What kind of lighting do you have? A sebae needs very intense lighting.

sebae.jpg

3 Ecoxotic Pro LED retro kit - bright as all get out. Reviews show this should be adequate lighting for just about anything.

Back