class scatch

kyle

Reefing newb
i just bought a 100g tank and the is some scratches. i was wondering if there is a non-toxic buffer that i can use to buff them out?? and yea its glass not acrylic

The advice I have gotten about scratches in glass is that its better to leave them. I have seen a lot of tanks that have been damaged by trying to remove scratches, you end up without a scratch, but the glass is hazy instead of clear. I feel your pain though, I have some scratches in my front pane because its starphire and scratches more easily than regular glass.

I've heard the same thing about scratches on the glass.Personally,I'd rather have the scratch than hazy glass.

efff! can you polish the hasy stuff out? because thats i wanna use it on the front because thats the side thats thas less scratches. there used to be a lizerd living it in be for i got it. thats why there is scratches on the glass. if ur wondering.

My tank had lots of scratches when I bought it, and I researched ways to get rid of the scratches and didn't come up with any good plans.

Kyle,
I had a tank with scratches and it really bothered me.
I ended up chipping the front corner of the tank really bad, and I didn't notice the scratches at all after that....

Good luck.

I used to really kill myself over the smallest scratch...after a while, you dont even pay attention to them or be bothered by them...if you dont look for scratches, you wont notice them

I would talk to the guys who repair pocked windshields, I imagine some sort of self leveling glue such as super glue would hide the scratch. But it would have to be done dry, I would imagine, and for best filling results with the scratched surface horizontal. Plus if you did not clean out the scratch well first you would be sealing in whatever was not cleaned out before applying the glue. If you have ever looked at a chipped out window that has been repaired it does hide the scratchs/chips really well.

Back