Clean Hands

wolfie357

Reefing newb
This may be one of the dumbest questions yet but what kind of soap should i use to wash my hands, arms if i need to go armpit deep into my tank? I know some soaps contain sulfates and other unwanted junk. Thanks in advance. Carl in orlando fl:Cheers:

I would avoid soap of all kinds if you are washing your hands before putting them in your tank. Especially anti-bacterial soap. It's generally not a good idea to put your hands in your tank if you have recently washed them in soap, used lotion, done the dishes or mopped the floors, etc. You don't want that stuff transferring to your tank.

I usually rinse my hands in hot water before putting them in my tank unless I know there is something on them that could hurt the tank! I am always worried about what my deodorant might do -- like you, when I have to reach to the bottom of the tank, the water goes to my armpits.

Here is an option of you want to be extra careful:

https://www.livingreefs.com/pvc-long-cuff-gloves-7-99-a-t28079.html

+1 Biff. I always wait at least 3-4 hours after I have had a shower or washed my hands last, then I will go to the shower and rinse VERY thoro... thouroo....thourou..... REALLY GOOD for about 5 minutes up to my shoulder in warm water then I just shake them dry to avoid transferring any chems from the bath towels (detergent, etc.)

Back