Clean up crew

Cosmocraig

Reefing newb
This is what DR Foster and Smith recommonds for a clean up crew for a 55g seems like alot going to go get my crew on Sunday any recommendations for my tank just changed from crushed coral to sand on bottom of main tank. I only have 2 clowns and one damsel on my tank at the moment and the tank has been running for over a year now.Package Contains10Nassarius Snails10Astraea Snails10Cerith Snails1Banded Coral Shrimp20Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crabs12Scarlet Reef Hermit Crabs3Peppermint Shrimps2Emerald Mythrax Crabs

Theres one big problem with those cleaner packages.The people doing the packing have no idea just how much algae and detritus is in your tank.
You want just enough to keep up with the algae and detritus.Any more and they die off,too few and they cant keep up.I normally suggest to add a few at time untill the balance has been reached.That way your not throwing away on something thats going to starve to death.

I agree, just add to the tank as needed...to start off, you could probably cut that list in half, and add from there. Lose the cb shrimp, and get a cleaner shrimp instead, and at least a mexican turbo snail.

Back