Cleaner Shrimp!!!

ReefWannabe

Reefing newb
Well I just got my cleaner shrimp!!! Im acclimating him as I type. Hopefully he'll like his new home since its about 40 mroe gallons and lots of rock to play on.

what kind?

is it one of those that have the big daddy like long a$$ clamps i forgot what they are called that really stand out? or one of those small ones?

the one your thinking of is a coral banded shrimp. This is the smaller.

BUT, I drip acclimated him for 2 hours... much better than I did my clowns lol. And he isnt looking good now that hes in the display. Hes kinda going with the flow, I think one of his legs are broke....

well

throw him in and if he goes tits up then take him to the pet store. i worked all my fish with just a broke bag and temperature floting bag so hey let him be and see what happens.

well

throw him in and if he goes tits up then take him to the pet store. i worked all my fish with just a broke bag and temperature floting bag so hey let him be and see what happens.

Just give it some time to become acustom with its new home.They are alway slow and shy at first.Drop a sprilina disk close(algae) to it and see if will go for it

Nah, he kicked the bucket that night. An hour after he was first put in the display, after his severly long drip acclimation... But I found out that when catching him at the store, they droped one of those huge ceramic or w/e they are, ships on him. I was unaware of this at the time, but they gave me a store credit, and their fish guy who wasnt there when the shrimp was bought apologized about the experience.

Back