Cleaning acrylic/coralline

ezlight

Reefing newb
I know acrylic tanks needs special precautions compared to glass. My tank has coralline all over the back of it on the black surface. I want to clean it off since it probably wont match my rock formation. I was told there was a cleaner for this from the guy I got it from. I can't find it anyplace. (Yes, I did a search) Any "good" info on acrylic tank care & cleaner for the coralline?

Also, for my aquascape, can I actually rest some of my rock against the back of the tank, or should I keep it away like my glass tanks?

(Yes, getting real close to having water in the tank.)

MAGI-KLEAN.jpg

I would not stack rocks against the back of an acrylic tank. Im sure it would scratch it pretty bad, and then you get algae that will grow in those scratches and it will never look quite right.

Whatever you choose to use to clean the tank I would test a small area in the back or something and see if it clouds the acrylic. I would hate to see you wipe something across the face of the tank and have it cloud the acrylic...

If the tank is dry than most of the coraline is dead, so you could fill it with fresh water and just start to see if it flakes off on its own. Then drain the tank and wipe out or clean whats left. Just a thought.

It's only on the back of the tank, the front and sides are clean.

We filled the tank up outside on the patio and let it sit, looking for any possible leaks, and we're good. So the 180 will be going together, just have to clean her up a bit more.

I wasn't planning on stacking rocks against the wall, but with the way the coralline is formed on the back, I assumed it's how it was setup before. Just questioning out loud if that was ok or not.

Hopefully we'll have rock & some water in there by the end of the week, just waiting for my last order to come in the mail right now. Just remembered this morning that I still need a two pumps Another 900gph, and a slower one for the UV sterilizer. DOH!

I have all of my rock leaning against the back wall, well, most of it. Its a glass tank though. I dont think the zip tie method is very safe, myself, so I like to make sure if the rock moves, its not going far. Just stack them carfully and test their stability to see if they fall. Then I use two part epoxy to hold them one I like where they are.

Toolman, have you tried that stuff? Does it actually work as well as it says? Do you know what the ingredients are?

N waiting for the time when I change tanks.

From back of package
Contains 95% Amino Trimethylene Phosphonic Acid... Avoid breathing dust do not ingest or induce vomiting (same for all acids) flush if contact with eyes or skin for 15 min

Back