Cleaning filter sock

Tim Howe

Reefing newb
I swithched to a refugium filter about 4 months ago. I hav an eshopps refugium with a sock filter where the water enters the system. I have just been using a hose with a high pressure nozzle to clean the socks. Is there an easier way. I have been told by one individual that he washes his in the washing machine. Thanks for the help.

I swithched to a refugium filter about 4 months ago. I hav an eshopps refugium with a sock filter where the water enters the system. I have just been using a hose with a high pressure nozzle to clean the socks. Is there an easier way. I have been told by one individual that he washes his in the washing machine. Thanks for the help.

I wash my filter in the washing machine but that's probably not a good idea in case some soap is left.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbnX7oMvhIU&feature=player_embedded]‪Mr. Saltwater Tank TV Friday AM Quick Tip #6 : Dirty Laundry‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I use washing machine, with plain bleach. I have a front loader, and I can remove and clean the soap vessel, and use an extra rinse, but a very short cycle. I've had no problems. (I stress - plain cheap generic no fragrance bleach!)

Back