Cleaning octopus 800s

steelcity

Reefing newb
For those of you who have this model how do you clean yours? Do you have a baby bottle brush or some other type to get down into the corners? The width of the chambers don't really allow for a large hand to fit down in there.

Another thing. The return outlet in the tank. Do yo have the elbow piece facing the back glass or out into the tank? Mine is facing the back glass but I haven't tried to turn that elbow around. I don't know if it's glued or just a tight fit.

i use a bottle brush to clean mine and i did have mine turned toward the back glass it realy helps to keep the bubbles down

not cleaning related. i have everything up an running. I turned my return elbow to face the side in the tank so I get more flow with it. However I have some bigger bubbles that make their way to the surface and then pop which then sends water/salt on to the light. They are not microbubbles but pencil eraser size. Kind of like what pop bubbles/fizz does when you pour it and then pick it up to drink it real fast.

Anybody else with the 800s have this problems. Still have them when I point the elbow straight back and then it gets on the back glass.

Is that true. I didn't know, but I thought they were a no, no!

yep i have glass tops on my tank but my sump is open. my lights do not have a splash sheild plus i have kids that love to try and throw crap in the tank like try to feed them a can of gold fish food so tops are a must.

Back