Clear thing with white tips

grozier

something smells fishy
I don't know what these are there clear with little white tips and it has to tentacle looking things. they're in the live rock holes.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, fellow Missourian!! Those are ball anemones I think. I have some too. They don't seem to move around and haven't bothered anything in my tank. Plus they are really pretty! :)

I belong to a great reef club down here in Springfield. I used to live up near you in Blue Springs! Surely KC has a reef club. This forum has been what keeps me going through the downs and excited through the ups. It is a great source for information, along with just googling things. Plus you probably have a much better selection for local fish stores than I have. I only have one that I frequent.

there are a couple local fish stores but a lot of them don't keep their tanks up.
I did end up going last night and buying a horseshoe crab and a purple firefish. I do hope they survive because I've killed many fish in a year or they werent very healthy to start with. my poor anemone, the one in the avatar got sucked into a powerhead 2 dwarf lionfish a Picasso triggerfish lawnmower blenny Pakistani butterfly Christmas wrasse firefish Banggai Cardinal and I think that's about it.

Last edited:
Yea, I'd say a ball anemone. Not much to be worried about if thats what it turns out to be.

And on the topic of Missouri, my family bought a vacation house in Shell Knob, about an hour away from branson/springfield.
We love it! Right on table rock lake.
Spending christmas there this year :D

Back