Closed Brain

Piggy

Reef enthusiast
Do they need to be placed on the sandbed or is it alright to place on rock? Also do they move? I know the have tentacles that come out at night. I'm trying to find the right place for it. It seems to be losing some of it's color. I have fed it.

Their supposed to be on the sand,But I've seen em on the rocks too.
If you think it needs to be closer to the light,just try to place it so that theres no danger in it falling.

Does it look kinda like this?

P2230007.jpg

I call it a maze moon, others closed brain. Either way, this coral does not like direct light. I had it toward the top when I bought it, but it started bleaching out the green and brown. I dropped it down toward the bottom and it colored right up. I even have it partially shaded and it is doing even better

-Doc

There are so many different types of brains, and they are all called so many things. Can you link to a pic of what kind yours is, Piggy?

Their supposed to be on the sand,But I've seen em on the rocks too.
If you think it needs to be closer to the light,just try to place it so that theres no danger in it falling.
Is this true for all "brain" type corals or just the closed brain?...I have an open brain and it is placed about halfway up from the bottom of my tank on a piece of rock

I've seen them in every level of the tank.A lot of it depends on your light.
The safe bet is to place them on the sand and move them up as needed.

I had it on top of the rock. But every morning it is moved. Not sure who's moving it. I have seen it's tentacles out at night. I have fed it. It's a lot lighter in color then when I got it. I placed it on the sandbed today. Not sure if it'll get enough light.

My open brain coral puts its tentacles out each night when the light goes out...it has been getting larger since the day I put it in my tank (swelling larger...don't know if they actually "get" larger).

What should I be feeding it at night?

Back