Closing in the tank question

nobody

Reefing newb
I have a 125 gal. tank with hood/canopy.

My question is how would be the best way to screen in or cover the tank so the fish will not jump out and the eel will not get out? Would like to hear some ideas on how to do this and the reason why or why not certain ways would work be better. I am thinking either sreen on to out the tank or on the back out he canopy. I do have a few power cords and water return pipe going up and thru the back of the canopy area. Ideas on material would be nice too.

I use those plastic ceiling covers:

DSC04934.jpg

Some have made screens:

https://www.livingreefs.com/new-canopy-t30736.html

I pefer the screens since they let more light in, but for now, my tank's fowlr, so I don't care too much :)

Those would work for fish owever I am afraid the eel would still get out. May that with screen on top? I would like to try something on the back of the canopy, just am not sure how to do it yet. Thanks for the pic that is a real help.

I think you mean you have a wooden top and want to screen it? Id use screen from brs and some stainless staples. Make a couple vertical braces and one horizontal along the bottom. Or if you want removable, you could do a top side, too.

Back