cloudy eye?

mtkid6

So much to learn....
My red stripe angel has one eye that is a little cloudy. Should I be worried? What could it be? Thoughts?

Well, its either a sign that he has a bacteria infection or he scrapped it. Either way, i think the best thing is to make sure he isnt stressed and is eating well and let him fight it off on his own.

Also, didnt you just return an angel for eating your corals? I dont think these guys have a good record of being reef safe. Either way, make sure he gets some sponge in his diet. You can buy it frozen.

I did but I thought I would give this guy a shot. I have all kinds of food for him. He seems to be eating ok.

I have a clown that has one cloudy eye. I noticed a light white spot on his side a few days ago and now this cloudy eye is kind of bothering me. He still eats well and seems healthy but just doesn't look right to me. Should I do the same and wait it out?

Ya, usually the stress of treatment can make things worse in this case. I would just stuff him full of high quality food, and make sure that he isnt too stressed out about what is going on in the tank. He should heal up just fine.

what do you suggest for "high quality food?" I got the best I could find. What is actually high quality and what kinds of things should I vary into the diet? I have a damsel, clown, and peppermint shrimp, with some very tiny feather dusters and mushrooms in the tank

well i would rotate through a few different frozen foods. like mysid shrimp, blood worms, oysters, etc. Petco or petsmart are really great places to get some different things to rotate through, they have great little mix packs. Rod's food is also amazing, but kinda pricy.

k I will try out some other ones, I tried one pack of frozen besides my normal brine shrimp but it just sunk to the bottom immediately and nothing would eat it. I will try some of those and see how they like it.

Back