Cloudy Water

Keeping a fishtank of any kind is a responisibility. Saltwater fishtanks are an even bigger responsibility because these are fish we take out of the ocean. If you cannot provide for the fish you have, then it is the responsible thing to do to give them away to someone who can. These animals are not disposable and while I believe your intentions are good you must be a bit of a bigger person here and do the right thing.

Keeping a fishtank of any kind is a responisibility. Saltwater fishtanks are an even bigger responsibility because these are fish we take out of the ocean. If you cannot provide for the fish you have, then it is the responsible thing to do to give them away to someone who can. These animals are not disposable and while I believe your intentions are good you must be a bit of a bigger person here and do the right thing.

tell your dad they died, and take em back to a lfs when hes not around

One thing you will learn about dealing with people and their aquariums is "people do what people do" the suggestion to lower the population has been suggested and rejected.Far better to try and help preserve what there is than just beating a dead horse :D

sell your tank, livestock, and all equipment on craigslist. Take that money and go buy a goldfish all-in-one setup from petco/petsmart. Voila, all done.

That's a little cruel isn't it? I mean why not find someone who wants them and can take care of them. I bet your LFS knows of someone who would love to have them.

I will never understand some of you people. Hundreds of dollars in fish, living animals.....going to let them die. That's just sad, I don't know what else to say.

The water is cloudy, you're asking for help, you know what the answers are, and you know why it's happening. Killing animals for the sake of luck? What a joke.

I hope the fish, by some miracle, live under your care. I'm going to concede that it's your dad's fault, but I honestly think that you all need to stay away from gold fish too.

Well, mandarin's blaming it all on his dad and he never wanted a saltwater fishtank apparently (he's just kid guys, don't forget). But I'm hoping he was being sarcastic in his comment.

Mandarin -- the whole Asian thing doesn't make it ok to not stand up for what you need to do. I'm asian. Many of my best friends are asian -- Chinese, in fact, and they come from the sterotypical Chinese family. You can't use that as an excuse for the way this is being handled. Tell your dad this is an expensive hobby, and you would rather have someone adopt these fish and convert the tank into a goldfish tank. Seriously. It's not a return....it's a trade off...their money for your fish ;) Stress the "Expensive" part...if they really are typical Asian, that might get his attention.

I will never understand some of you people. Hundreds of dollars in fish, living animals.....going to let them die. That's just sad, I don't know what else to say.

The water is cloudy, you're asking for help, you know what the answers are, and you know why it's happening. Killing animals for the sake of luck? What a joke.

I hope the fish, by some miracle, live under your care. I'm going to concede that it's your dad's fault, but I honestly think that you all need to stay away from gold fish too.

Thanks for saying that nicely as possible.... because I've been reading this thread for the last 10 mins, and want to punch something...

Back