Clove being nipped

Sunshine

Reef enthusiast
I've had this Clove since October of last year. It was real pretty when I bought it. Now it's being nipped at by my Rabbitfish and the Clown sleeps beside it every night. It looks like crap. I moved it up higher on a rock. Is there anything else I can do to save it ? When I had it on the sand, some started on a nearby rock, now that I moved the rock with the Clove on it, the Rabbitfish is starting to nip at the small one that just started growing. :frustrat:

Here is a before and after of it.

Attachments

• Clove cropped.jpg
    Clove cropped.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 299
  • Clove cropped 2.jpg
    Clove cropped 2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 298
You'll probably have to remove that Rabbitfish to save your Cloves.Normally when a fish starts nipping corals,theres nothing you can do to stop em.

Sorry,rabbitfishes(including foxfaces) are known to nip on soft corals if hungry enough..Feed it more often or like others have mentioned,it may have to go.

Once a coral muncher always one. I had two dwarf angels that were model citizens for 4 yrs but when they went to munching on corals they had to go. Would eat nothing else. Dont care how many times you fed. Plus if you feed more than your water quality starts to degrade.

Back