Clove polyps - Yes or No?

RockStacker

Reefing newb
I have a bunch of different clove polyps in my tank.
Some are medium sized that have neon green patterns which like really like, but they grow really slow.
And then I have a bunch of large, beige clove polyps that seem to sprout a new head every time I look away.
I also have what I think are tiny dark brown clove polyps which are starting to spread a network of runners up the back glass of my tank.

Now I am not planning on having a hardcore SPS tank so I don't have to worry about acroporas getting killed off, but I would like to get everyone's opinions on clove polyps in a soft coral/LPS/mushroom mixed reef tank.
Would they go wild and clobber LPS like duncans and galaxeas?

The beige and brown clove polyps came as hitchikers on other corals that I bought. I fragged them out of the coral rock and set them in separate sections of the tank.

If you keep them contained they would be fine in a mixed reef tank. But the beige polpys I am going to bet are actually Xenia. Xenia grows really well in dirty water, but will totally melt away in a tank with really good water conditions. So if you have a problem with Xenia spreading, you might have problems with your water quality which will effect the SPS corals.

My clove polyps suck. They grow incredibly fast and they're so long. I have contained them to their frag disc and glued that to a rock which I move around routinely. Eventually I will just get rid of them because they're growing so fast and they don't look nice at all.

Back