Clow Fish Body Rot? ID and help please.

Gonzo

Gonzo
Hi could anyone firstly ID what this is?

It first started about 2 weeks ago, at first small and looked like a fungus and was told by my LFS that it was a 'such and such' and that that it will just drop off in about a week, "very common".

But i no longer think this is the case, these seems to be eating into him, like body rot? But i cant find much similer online, how can i treat it, is it to late?

Can i do a fresh water dip, ive noticed tonite and last nite hes not as eager to eat and although swims fine he is spending alot of time behind the rocks?

68521163.jpg

26290952.jpg

18891273.jpg

Any advise will be much appriciated.
Thanks
Andy

it looks like its going to get down to his bone pretty soon, poor little guy. i hope he does recover for u but sadly i wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt.

Cases such as this are often the result of bacterial infections - the tissues are literally eaten way around the periphery of a lesion. You'd need microscopy to confirm this, so while antibiotics may well be needed, you may be better trying a broad spectrum treatment first that covers several bases - one of which is Myxazin. You'll ideally need a separate tank for treatment, otherwise, extended SW baths (not FW) will have to do.

quoted from someone much smarter then myself.

Back