Clown acting odd?

Slimkasey

Reefing newb
Hey gang, need some help.

One of my clowns is acting odd? It appears to have some sort of a skin or cloudy bubble forming over one of its eyes, its hiding out in a cave area, it has it's mouth open constantly, and it doesn't seem to have any interest in eating. The other is just fine, the params are great, and everything else is coming to life to eat.

Any thoughts?

well, you have to figure it out if its from some sort of damage (like scraping it against the rock) or from a bacteria infection. If its from damage, they usually heal on their own, but he might lose the eye. Which isnt a big deal, they do fine with one functioning eye. If its from a bacteria infection under the eye, I would take him out and treat him in a hospital tank with a general wide-spectrum antibiotic. This will require daily water changes, and MUST be done in hospital tank, because this stuff will kill off the bacteria in your DT.

Or you can leave him and hope that he will beat it on his own. I would feed him as often as possible. You can try and entice him to eat by putting garlic on the food.

Back