Clown acting weird

Jaredf

Reefing newb
I only have 1 clown but noticed today that he is just at the bottom of the corner of the tank swimming a little here and there but staying in the corner of the tank.My protein skimmer quit working about 4 days ago when i was on holidays, i shut it off and waiting for a couple of weeks to buy a nice one. When i checked my saltwater tub i mix my water in that i add new water there was mucus white strings in my tub like crazy.Of course that was after i added 5 gallons to my tank, my pump i used before must of had other stuff growing and making the tub and water have white chunks looks kind of similar to toilet paper in water after a while. I am not sure what i should do , i cleaned my mixing tub out and the pump that mixes it and dumped all the water from it out , i have a big shipment of corals coming tomorrow and don't want to kill them if my tank is in rough shape any thoughts or ideas? :(:(

I had all the salifert test kits but since we moved i cant find any :( The closest place to get test kits are an hour and half away and i am not able to to get some for a few days :( any suggesttions should i do 15 gallons of a water change today ?

How long ago was the move? You could have caused a mini cycle in the process.

Another question. Is the clown swimming in place in the corner? Or just laying there?

He could just be hosting that corner. It could be completely normal.

The move was over 6 months ago
He lays there for a bit then swims that is where he hosts tho and sleeps at night. BVut usually in the day he swims around the tank but the last 2 days he doesnt go anywhere but there

Im new at this, but if you cant test the water you won't hurt anything by doing a change. but you prob wont find out the cause if it was the water. how are the other tank mates. if it was the water they would be affected to.

First off, amazon has a ton of test kits and generally for cheaper, plus they come to your door so you might want to look into it. Buying coral without a test kit, IMHO, is really looking for a way to kill things. But since we are here I would look at your tank on the whole

Do you have algae growth? If so what kind?
How often do you do water changes?
Does your clown have any red around the gills? Any discoloration?
Is he eating well?
Whats your salinity?

I would say really look at your tank, maybe post the corals you bought and the equipment you are running and let people help you

+1 Marines Wife you absolutely need a test kit and you can buy them for like 20 bucks online. I'd order one straight away if I were you.

Back