clown and tangs

ok...i lost all my fish....to a black out....>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<....7 fish :death:....not A good day....now after i do water change, look at my levels...i have to get new fish :grumble:...but now i want small fish and or do tangs...and small fish....wanted to now if theres any clow fish that can be in groups in a tank...2nd ? how many tangs can fit in my tank.125g reef...

I think all the clowns are two or less. Sorry :(

But i personally would go with a small school of tangs! Like 4 so you can watch them all grow up!

It's not just the number of tangs to consider...it's making sure no 2 tangs fall in the same family, otherwise they are more likely to fight.

Sorry to hear of your losses :( Lots of those going around this week!

If you want good schooling fish for a 125g I would look at Anthias. get a male and some females. Generally you get a male and up to 10 females for the "harem" although I wouldn't recommend 11 anthias in a 125...Maybe 1 male and 3-4 females.

Dispar Anthias

That and it disrupts the nitrogen cycle, so ammonia levels and nitrite levels can get out of whack.

Also, the temps could get too cold. I am assuming the black out was for an extended amount of time, not just a couple hours,

the fish that i would love to add are naso,purple,powder blue,clown,yellow.tangs...is that to many fish..i have a 125g 6ft tank..
. 2011-02-04 09.27.32.jpg

2011-02-04 09.27.52.jpg

2011-02-04 09.27.46.jpg

I think you would be okay with those. I have those you listed plus a Atlantic Yellow Belly Blue Hippo, and a Yellow Eye Tang. Seven in all in my 150 gallon. Difference is my tank is wide and the fish have lots of swimming room on both sides and all the way around. Get little ones and add them all at once otherwise you run the risk of them fighting.

i was going to go put my order.of all the fish that i wanted..get new lights,protein sk..n more things...... but we had snow day in san antonio...:cold::grumble: now i have to wait until they open tomorrow..

Back