Clown Breeding is now a topic!

CoralsMania

Reefing newb
Suggestion, would be nice to open a topic on Clown Breeding, I'm sure there is 1 or 2 members here like myself he would like to talk and share they experience in clown breeding.

Sound great, but I was thinking the administrator creat a forum for Clownfish breeding, that way the members here have an opportunity to open there on there with there clownfish breeding experience, showing the steps taken from spawning to juvenile and posting there on pictures.

Said information can be shared in a thread. I do not think there are enough of us here breeding clownfish for it to have its own sub forum

I have a pair of gold stripe maroons that I hope to raise babies from someday. Have you successfully raised any fry, CoralsMania? What kind of clowns do you have? My dream is to have a pair of lots of different kinds of clowns. Of course, I will need lots of separate tanks for that! They are such a cool fish.

Funny this thread started...

Look what I find this morning. Best procedures to follow??

photo-51.jpg

When I first got into the hobby I wanted to try this, but atlas it seemed Way too much work for me at the moment. Maybe someday when Im in a house and have all the cultures and such ready.

I was doing the clownfish baby thing for a while... In the end I gave up, because culturing the various live foods they required was too work-intenstive (and took up a lot of space). I was growing phyto, rotifers and brine, and it was a PITA to keep the different cultures from crashing.

If I decide not to breed, should I just let the larvae do their thing in the tank?

What's the chances of survival in the display? Sump?

If I decide not to breed, should I just let the larvae do their thing in the tank?

What's the chances of survival in the display? Sump?

I'd say zero. They have very specific requirements to survive. If they don't get sucked up by the powerheads/pumps or eaten by other animals, they will starve to death.

I think my female Maroon Clownfish is looking for a spot to have babies. I have read a few other places that say she is digging in the sand to get to the bottom glass to lay her eggs... Is this what you all have heard or seen? The male is staying away and I really dont want fry in the tank right now. I just got the tank up and running again and bought 39 lbs live rock 30 from the same person I got the clowns from and he gave me his water as well... Suggestions?!?

Back