Clown compatability....Update

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
Okay, this is MY tank and MY fish. You may not have the same results I am having so take this for what its worth. Its just an update for my two guys.

As some remember, I thought I lost my Snowflake. Later found him the the overflow box. Added a Yellow stripped Maroon clown the same day I found the Snowflake.

So far, about a month, they have been getting along famously! No tail nipping from anyone, including the Yellow Tail Damsel Fish. Everyone is getting along very well. I am right on the edge of being over stocked, but am managing with slightly more frequent water changes. (5 days and not 7) Many times the Snowflake and the Maroon swim together. Side by side. I've watched for hours and never once did they appear to be aggressive.

I know what many of you are thinking. "One or both will eventually get mean." Maybe, but I'm very happy for now as they seem to be also. In case in means anything, the two Clown Fish are both tank bred. Not sure about the Damsel, but I'm going on 7 months with him and he has shown zero signs of aggressive behaviour.

Fish, like humans get meaner as they get older. Each fish is their own though and yours may just really like one another lol. Either way good luck :)

Back