Clown fish acting strange

mcguire6799

Reefing newb
I have noticed tonight that my black and white clown is liking the surface of the water, he always is by my water outlet which is near the top back left corner in my bio cube, but tonight he is staying at the surface kind of swims back and forth over the outlet then flutters some, but still swims about the tank also, he is the only fish acting this, and I am not sure if he has done it before. What he is doing is more of a like jolt than anything, is this normal? He is acting fine otherwise, he eats like a pig as normal, my yellow head sleeper goby, lawnmower blenny, and yellow wrasse are all acting as normal.

Yeah like Kyle said they do odd things from time to time. Mine at one point must of thought he was a shark or playing a game of jaws. He would skim the surface of the water. It did this for 3 days then stopped and went back to his normal self hanging out with the other clown swimming in and out of the zoa.

+2 kb...you could write a book about clownfish behavior only to find out it's become obsolete because the clownfish decides to do something completely different :)

Back