Clown FIsh Eggs in my tank!!!!

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
I have a pair of 4 year old mated Clowns in my tank. Well by now they are closer to 5.

I know they had their spot in the tank but over the last mont I noticed the male digging a hole. I tried to put a rock there but it didn't help much.

So for the last few weeks I noticed only the female would come out to get food and the male was always just chilling in the corner.

So I was just sitting on my couch an I noticed my Tangs fighting over some loose seaweed pieces and I also noticed my 6 line Wrasse hanging out by the heater which is all near the Clowns hang out spot.

I also noticed the female chase the Spotted Cardinals the other day.

I always go look but never see anything. This time I decided to investigate the backside of the rock. It is sort of flat and I realized there were over 100 little brown looking dots on the rock.

I think they are brown but they are dark.

I am wondering if these are eggs. I think they are.

I am sure they will be eaten and have no chance to live but I thought it was really interesting and cool.

I was just watching the male and he keeps flipping his tail making water wash over them and they wave back and forth. Neat

Yeah with my Blue Linkia dying last night it is just going in circles.

They shipped it to me with the bag half full and its legs poking out into the air. They are hard to keep anyway without crappy shipping.

I dripped acclimated them for like 4 hours and everything and it still died. My water was the exact Salinity as the bag it came in boooooooo.

My other Blue is doing fine for now and my small orange star has been in there for about 2 months with no issue. I am sure it is much hardier than the Blues but still it is great.

Back