Clown fish fighting

Beastlyness 22

Reefing newb
I just got two ocellaris clownfish and the small one is extremely friendly and just trys to huddle near a rock. But my slightly bigger clown fish keeps darting at him. Are they just picking gender roles and what not? They sleep together; I see them huddled up the past two mornings. Hopefully this is just normal behavior. I have only 10 gallon tank maybe I should take the aggressive one back? I feel bad. They are eating and swimming all around the tank like they should.

It could be years before this happens. My clowns were paired up for 4 years before they mated and laid eggs for the first time. It's usually not a fast process.

Yea I did not think two days after I drop them in they would start wanting to pick genders, but owell better now then never I suppose.

Ok it's been a week or 2 and they are still going at it. The smaller one is now stuck to a corner in the top of the tank. If he moves the big one comes darting at him. He is still eating though.

Mine fought for a few months, actually, even though the smaller one clearly was the loser and was displaying all sorts of submissive behavior (shaking and stuff). Sadly he died one day. Dunno why.

Mine fought for a few months, actually, even though the smaller one clearly was the loser and was displaying all sorts of submissive behavior (shaking and stuff). Sadly he died one day. Dunno why.

yea probobly all that stress :/ ...ill give it 2 more weeks and im selling back to the fish store. or giving him to them. I don't want it to die. How long did others have theres fight?
And yea its the same thing for me. The smaller one is doing all the shaking but hes clearly pinned in a corner...

Actully they are doing a little better. I took the lights completely away because they blew out. Now im waiting for the new light system I ordered to come in. I think not having light has confused them a little because they havent been fighting at all.

Back