Clown fish hiding in cave?

TegSail

Reefing newb
The smallest of my two Clowns has been hanging out on the bottom of a cave area on the substrate. He doesnt look like he's breathing weird and seems to come out for food whenever I feed them.

I have a condy anemone, and the little Clown was getting close to him about two days ago and has been acting this way ever since.

Any advice?

Is he always in the cave? or just hanging out there sometimes? Clowns are wierd and can do a lot of stupid things. Normally mine stay at the front of the tank, but everyone once in a while they begin to live at the back for a few days. No idea why.

If they found you anoemone, they will go back to it. I wouldnt worry :)

He doesnt seem to be having issues other than being lazy. He was looking for a host almost immediately and has sorta jumped around but seems to stay in this spot during the day.

He probably just likes it there. The one I've got hosts the heater lol don't ask me why. You'd think it would be too hot for him when its turned on but that's where he spends most of his time and he's just fine.

Mine did the same thing for a few weeks. Today, both of my clowns are swimming at the top front of my tank and never near the substrate(only at night). It takes time for them to change place.:rolleyes:

Back