clown fish host

Bubble tips are probably your best chance. But I see that it says your tank is fairly new, its recommended that anemones don't get put into a tank less than 6-12 months old. They require very very good water conditions, a well established tank, and strong lighting

How long has your tank been running? What kind of lighting do you have? Do your parameters stay stable? How are your nitrates? Do you want one that will stay in the rocks or sandbed?

+1 salt and Treezer. Also remember, a clownfish doesn't "need" an anemone. They will host numerous things. Mine were hosted by the heater in my other tank LOL. They will sometimes be hosted by other easier to care for corals than nems also. Wait until your tank is at least a year old and very stable in water parameters before adding a nem. Your lighting and tank stability are key for anemones.

my tanks been going for over a year now and everything is stable. i probably got about 150 pounds of live rock in it now. i do 30 gallon water changes every two weeks or so.

i got 2, 36" current usa pro led marine fusion lights on, 2, 24" current usa pro led marine fusion lights on and 2, 24" current usa pro led actintic lights on.

As best I can tell, those are LED strip lights, which are often made with 1w or .5w bulbs instead of 3w bulbs. I can't find an exact wattage per bulb on the website but based on the total wattage per strip and the length of the strips I do not believe they are using 3w bulbs. You really need a fixture with 3w LEDs to support even the easiest anemone. What do you have in your tank for corals?

im not sure of the wattage either. right now all i got is several duncan coral a couple mushrooms and a couple pulsing xenas.what do u recomend?

Back