clown fish hosting corals?

clown fish will be hosted by whatever their fishy hearts desire, you cant force them to host anything. But common choice for clowns are hairy mushrooms and toadstools. However, I have seen them be hosted by countless other things, like powerheads, overflow boxes and clumps of algae.

I wish mine would host something. Anything. Lol. They are the only clowns I know that have decided to just spend all day swimming all over the tank and have yet to host anything in the tank. I've bought them a nice frogspawn, torch, pearl bubble coral, xenia, st. johns mushrooms.... nope, they are happier swimmin' with everyone else than even hosting a rock or powerhead. They hosted a couple of nems at the LFS for a few months before I brought them home - I think they are just divas and want a nem (which I do not plan to get them for a while if at all). 6 weeks later and they still haven't settled down anywhere in my tank. Silly clowns!

Mine loved the hammer coral so much, it killed it :( Hahah, little bastards. Although, mine jumped from a variety of things, everything new I added, they would have a little rub up against.

I purchased my Marroon and the leather he was hosting. It took over 2 months for him to go back to the leather. I don't know if he didn't like the placement. It was not until I added the Lemon peel that he decided to start hosting again. Now he sleeps in his leather and doesn't move more than 6" from it. Which is much better than the cave he hosted behind all the rocks.

I know he is most likely a she, but if she is not a he, she is very butch.

Back