Clown fish infection Please help

sps

Reefing newb
These are the best pics I could get without a macro. The area I am concerned about is the top fin area right before the second white bar. The infection is a raised orange pale color. He also has ich and the fins dont look well. He was fine yesterday and all other fish are fine. Params are great. ph is a little on the low side at 7.9. Can anyone advise me on the medication for him when I move him to quarantine? Thanks for any help.
Rob.

IMG_3104.jpg

IMG_3106.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg

clowninf.jpg

It's really hard to tell from the pics but if it just the clownfish that has it u might want to make sure its not clownfish disease it looks a lot like ich

If he has ich, its silly to treat him just for the ich and not the rest of the tank, because ich will still be in your tank.

Im not sure what the raised lump is, but i would treat him with copper in the QT, because that should kill anything he might have. But this is only to treat the lump, not the ich. The ich will be killed off by the copper, but it will still be in your tank for future possible infections.

Thanks for the reply. I am no stranger to ich and I can combat that as best as possible like the rest of us. I had 4 blue green chromis with ich and I brought them back to health. My main concern in the lump. I will look into clownfish disease. Thank you.

Well, it looks like better prognosis that say clownfish disease. I would just try and keep him low stress and pump him full of good food to help his immune system fight this off.

Back