clown fish question

This could also be the derranged ramblings of a lunatic.
This is the only correct thing in PRC's post :mrgreen: bwaaaahahahahaha!
just kidding...it does make sense PRC.

I think if the clowns are bugging the nem it too much it will start moving around a lot and try to find a different spot. But I myself am brand new to nems and clowns...that just my :twocents:

if an anemone shrinks at night when the lights are off and only led lights are on and a clown still is rustling in the anemone a lot... will this damage the anemone or no?

its normal for anems to close at night, its also normal for the fish they host to stay inside, damage most often is done when the anem is too small or the clowns have just discovered it, tearing off tentacles is a bad sign, I moved my saebae to a new tank one time and my pair never left it, at least I didn't have to hunt them down

trying to host clowns to an anem. i think is a basic simple operations of equal sized fish ( single or paired ) to the size of your anemone. i got a rose bubble tip and then found 2 clowns of minimal safe purchasing size. my theory was to allow both the clowns and the anemone to grow together.

i think it worked out well as within 5 to 6 months my anemone split itself and the clowns are also maturing nicely over time.

my anemone as well closes up a bit when lights out, the clowns just slowly drift in and around the bubble tip during the evening until they settle in for the night as well

I had my maroon pair for three months or so before we got the anemone. The male was hosting within ten minutes. He only ever left the thing to eat (or if I chased him away to feed the nem). We've lost the nem since, and the only other thing he's hosted is the rocks... must be picky.

clowns are the Ho's of the tank, they will sleep anywhere lol, sand,clams,powerheads, favorite corals, overflows, upside down, just the best fishies

i dont know if im freaking out or not but... my bta literally shrinks to 1/8 its size when my lights go off.. i think my clown gets frustrated that hes not expanded.. when the lights are on.. the clown can almost hide himself in the bta but when the lights are out... the clown is like double the size of the bta. should i be worried?

Nah, clowns are weird. Sometimes mine just lays in it, sometimes they seem like they are trying to make the anemone move they push on it so much.

Ok the original question was why does my clown spit out his food, so far no one has answered the question.
1 could it be the first time the fish has had that type of food
2 was the food cold they may not be use to cold food.
My Clown did the same thing the first time so I put some tank water in a shot glass add the food and let it set out till it got room tempter.Seemed to work for me
Bifferwine thanks for speaking up for me

Back