clown fish trying to make a meal of me.

kevvin27

Reefing newb
I moved away for a couple months and had my brother taking care of my aquarium while I was gone. I came back every weekend to do any maintenance it needed and I noticed after the second week my female clown started getting a little aggresive towards me. I'm back home now and the clown has actually jumped out of the water at me a couple times once bouncing off the light about 5 inches above the surface and back into the tank. I can't put my hand in or even near the water without her biting me. Is this going to change as time goes on?

That's funny...I can put my hand in my tank no problem with my Clarkiis. If my nephew comes over and does, he immediately gets attacked. LOL.

lol thats funny. as soon as it sees me get near the tank it's up at the surface but it doesn't care about my brother being there now lol.

Clowns are notoriously aggressive towards hands in their territories, but jumping out of the water is a new one. It doesn't surprise me though. It sounds like you've just got a psycho in your tank.

My maroon clown will attack anything light blue. ANYTHING. including light blue rubber gloves. He's see's it comming before it even enters the tank and darts out ready to attack. I don't know what it is but I have a sponge scrubber and an algae scraper both light blue and he REALLY goes after it. Bit a hole in my rubber glove several times too.

You guys think your wimpy little percs and ocellaris are bad, you should see a 5 inch maroon get mad at you! I have to beat my pair back with a stick or they shred my fingers!

Back