Clown fish with boo-boo

new2game

Reefing newb
Bought my first clown fish (yes, the children finally beat me into submission). The first night was fine, she settled into her anemone (Rose) and the next morning I noticed she had a sore (cut) along her back flank, today (the next day) it appears kinda swollen and the scales are appearing white around the area. Is this an infection? What and if there is anything that I treat the poor thing? Or should I just wait it out?

I have noticed since the boo-boo appeared that she has avoided any and all interaction with the anemone and I know that I should not worry that she has not eaten as of yet for she is not fully settled into her new environment.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

What kind of anemone is it? I assume a rose BTA, but I'd better ask just in case!

Have you tried soaking the food in garlic extract before you feed? That might help jump start her appetite. It's hard to say what the wound is... It doesn't sound like a disease or parasite. The fact that it came on so quickly makes it sound like it's just an injury of some sort. If I were you, I'd watch her closely and make sure it's not getting worse. And just keep trying to get her eating.

Back