Clown fish

Stogey

Rookie
My clown fish is looking a little bit whitish in colour where he should be p
Orange. My other fish are doing prefect though. I was actually thinking that my two clowns were mating.Now I'm just starting notice the smaller one looks a little rough. Little bit of white around the eye and mouth. I bought the clowns not too long ago. I guess he didnt look in the best of colour when I bought him. Looking even rougher now.

He could be a little off color because fish will often pale out during the night, however he could also the other clown might be bullying him. Can you place the mean clown in the sump for a few days for a time out?

I have another tank. I don't think that is the problem tho. They seemed to get along very well. It really looks like they may be mating. Not 100% sure

Yeah one has become the female. Yeah today the fish is worse. Seems to be worse. He is hiding beside some rock. White around his eye worse and lips look very white. Should I remove him

I would pull the other one out until the one who is getting beat up has a chance to establish some territory and heal. Then put the mean one back in

Lol sorry about the other post. Didn't make alot of sense.
The fish are all getting along just fine. I'm thinking the male clown has some sort of disease. That's why I was thinking of removing him and putting him into my 6 gallon for the time being. Chance it could be brooklynella.

Back