Clown Goby

ReefWannabe

Reefing newb
Ok so im trying to get a first fish that will coincide with what I want later. So no chromis or damsels. How would a clown goby be as a first fish. Since they stay so small, they wouldnt make a huge impact later on either, but still a cool fish.

Btw fish buying is still weeks away.... (.....must.....be....patient lol)

Clown gobbies is good reef fish with nice color.Its pretty mellow to.I have read in the past they may nip at the polyps of SPS corals.I had one for awhile(decided to trade it back to the LFS), and it never munched on any of mine,but who knows.The Yellow Clown Goby's diet should consist of a variety of brine shrimp, frozen mysid shrimp, table shrimp, and frozen food preparations for carnivores.

-In an established reef tank it can be fed once per day, in a tank without live substrait feed several times a day.
-Will nip small coral polyps but will not do irreparable damage.
-does best if housed with live or faux corals of the branching type. Rarely aggressive toward other fishes, but it will fight with members of its own kind in smaller tanks. will spawn in captivity laying demersal eggs among coral branches.
-Best kept with other docile species.
-Thought to have a noxious body slime that deters most predatory fishes from eating them.

I really like the Amblygobius rainfordi (Rainford's goby/ Old Glory). You must have a mature reef for this one though.

Last edited:
Be carefull with it being the first fish and all MAKE SURE that the tank is FULLY matured.HAPPY FISHIN P.S (I FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY)LOL

Last edited:
Back