Clown that never sleeps?

Jojo1628

Reefing newb
I noticed that my clown always swims, do they ever sleep? I'm up like 3 in the morning and he's still swimming, although in one spot at night...he doesn't hide in the rocks or anything, just swims next to my algae cleaner...weird...

I've never seen any of my clowns sleep through the years.They may fan the sandbed and lay in it,cuddle up to a host coral but actually sleep,no.Maybe the clown isn't comfortable with the surrounding just yet or the room is too bright.

Both of mine bury down in my BTA as soon as the lights go out.If they actually sleep or not,I aint got the foggiest idea,cause I'm usually asleep.

haha...thanks for the replies, clowns always act funny sometimes...mine is now hosting to my algae cleaner, I'm reluctant to use it now...I don't know whey he won't host to my frogspawn tho...

You probably don't want him to make the frogspawn his home, corals aren't made to host clowns and when clowns decide to take up shop in a coral, often times the coral suffers from the constant abuse and a lot of times dies. You should be glad your clown is staying away from the frogspawn.

Thanks Biff, I heard that the BTA need clown to host them for some reason, otherwise it won't thrive...so I was thinking it probably won't hurt the corals, I seen clowns hosting flowerpots and it's so cool...

Anemones will do just fine without clowns, and clowns will do just fine without anemones. Sometimes the clown will bring the anemone food and feed it, maybe that's what you heard about. But that doesn't always happen either. Anyways, an anemone does not need a clown to thrive and vice versa.

If a clown tries to be hosted by a coral, the coral will usually close up and stay closed, because the clown irritates them. So clowns in flowerpots and other corals may look cool, but it's not healthy for the coral. My female tomato clown has killed several of my corals, including a flowerpot, alveopora, hammer, torch and 3 plate corals from trying to be hosted in it.

Back