Clown with a cloudy eye

Discussion in 'Fish Disease' started by FishyReef, Jan 27, 2014.

1. FishyReef

FishyReef Broke Reefer!

Came in this morning to find my female domino clown with a cloudy eye and the male clown staying out of her way. She's not nearly as active as she normally is. Breathing rate seems okay, no signs of ick or other illness. All other fish seem fine. I'm worried I'm going to lose her. Anything I can do? If I move her into quarantine and treat with antibiotics, should I move the male as well? Will it disrupt their pairing and then cause problems when I move her back to the main tank if I don't move him? I've had them almost 2 years now...

FishyReef, Jan 27, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. FishyReef

Washburn82

Is she still eating fine? You say no other signs of illness? The only comfort I can give you is that can simply be a sign of irritation to that eye. Meaning she may have rubbed it up against something. My Six line wrasse had the same thing for around 3 days . Mine was still eating fine and was a little less active but it eventually just went away. Maybe if you can post a picture someone with a little more knowledge can be of more assistance . I hope it all works out for you.

Washburn82, Jan 27, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. FishyReef

FishyReef Broke Reefer!

She is eating fine, and after doing some googling, it sounds like it is likely physical trauma instead of illness since it is only one eye. She and her mate have been cleaning the rocks pretty excessively lately so maybe she just scraped her eye. She's acting a little more normal today and I'm not as worried. Maybe this means they will start spawning soon?!

FishyReef, Jan 28, 2014
    Washburn82 likes this.
  4. FishyReef

salt_for_brains Alabama Reefer VIP Member

Sounds like you may have some eggs soon:)

salt_for_brains, Jan 29, 2014
  5. FishyReef

kylemack87 [Cube]

Sounds like flukes. Any pictures?

kylemack87, Jan 29, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question