clown with strange marking

baddfish

scrubber fan!
I've had a pair of tank raised percula clownfish in my tank for about 3 or 4 months, and they have seemed very healthy and happy the entire time. They have also grown quite a bit since I've had them. The last couple of weeks I've noticed that the slightly larger of the two seems to be developing a black spot between the white stripe around his face and the (dorsal?) fin on top of his back. Its kind of a dark blotch in the orange between the stripe and fin that runs up his spinal area and stops at the fin. It doesn't go into the white color or the orange around the fin at all. His colors are vibrant and healthy looking, and even the black blotch looks as though its part of his natural markings developing. There's nothing about it that looks unhealthy or disease-like... the black actually looks very much like all his other black markings.
(I'm sorry I can't get a picture to post at the moment...no camera, and my phone camera doesn't capture the spot...)
Could it be some sort of change in his coloration, or should I be worried about it?
All the other fish and inverts seem very happy and healthy, and water paramaters are right where they should be...
It really looks like he's developing a black marking on his forehead. Clownfish markings are (basically) similar aren't they?

Thanks you guys. I guess I've never seen a clownfish with markings on that part of his body, seems kinda strange.
He's a strange little fish anyway...he spends his day following a sleeper goby around as he sifts the sand. He follows him up and down the tank with his face squarely in the spray of sand behind the goby like he's in fish heaven.

Back