clownfish acting strange

If I got another clown do you think they will pair up?

Good question. I'd like to know the answer to this one too. I've heard alot about how they only will pair up with one they've been raised with as tankmates and whatnot so it would be nice to know the fact/fiction behind that. =)

Good question. I'd like to know the answer to this one too. I've heard alot about how they only will pair up with one they've been raised with as tankmates and whatnot so it would be nice to know the fact/fiction behind that. =)

They will pair up with clowns added afterwards. You should get a clown of the same species, and one of a different size -- if they are the same size, they are more likely to fight.

+1 on the clowns, they will pair up easily, saying you still have the female, pick a nice small guy and watch him get beat up for a bit before he submits :D

I also agree with wonton though, someone else had a thread like this about 8 months back with a fish breathing heavy on the sand and I think it was due to a lack of movement in the tank, maybe get a small fan in the tank.

I heard that about the size. I was just really curious cuz a friend of mine as a maroon clown, my favorite, that he used to have paired but his partner died a while back and he's been lonely, so my friend was going to give him to me for my tank and I wanted to get him another partner. I'm glad to hear that they shouldn't have too much of a problem pairing up.

what type of clown is it? most clowns are easy, maroons can be difficult, but its easier if you get the right size clowns.

How long has he been in the tank by himself? If he has been in there by himself for a few months, he is now a she and they will fight to the death.

He was in my friend's tank for a while with other fish before he came to mine. But he's only been in mine by himself for almost 2 weeks.

No, they used to be paired up but his partner died =( and my friend felt bad for the fish so we put him in my tank. I was going to get another one, but not if they're going to kill each other. He's been the only clown for a few months.

I'll probably try. And if they don't get along, see if my lfs will take the fish back. He's so sweet, I'd hate for a new clown to bully him. Like I said, he'll eat right out of my hand

Just give him a couple a years and then he will be quite the terror. But i do love those maroons, my next pair will some of the gold stripe maroons.

HAHA I'm sure he will. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed in hoping he stays nice though. I'm quite attached to his personality as it is. The yellow striped ones are gorgeous too. I have a soft spot for maroons. Idk what it is about them :bowdown:

Back