Clownfish growth...

Kully3xf

Reefer Madness
Hey guys, Im not sure if you can see this very well... but on my true perc, there is a weird tube like growth growing from one of his white stripes on his right side... maybe someone can help me id it? I tried to take a picture but that wasnt working so i filmed a video

Clown Fish with weird growth - YouTube

I looked up Lymphocystis and it dosent look like that

I couldnt see it too well, and I can understand why it would be hard to get a photo, but are you sure its a growth on the fish and not an attached parasite?

I'm not sure, I think it's a growth because it is the EXACT same color. It was a white little spot a few days a go, and i have to admit i have kinda let the tank go for the past few weeks with finals and what not. I've been doing water changes and regular maintenance, but haven't had time to really watch my fish. So today when i was vaccuuming out some of the red slime i noticed that bugger. It's a huge tube thing. Any suggestions? Should i quarenten? and if so do i move both clowns or just the sickley

As long as the fish is still eating and acting normally I wouldnt be too concerned about it, but I would still try and take a very close look and make sure its not an attached parasite. If it is, you will need to catch the fish and remove it.

I looked at him today and it was more of an open wound now... I think i saw what looked like some blood. The white tube has turned into a red area... I removed him from the tank for a pic or 2, he was extremely calm out of water, still eating healthy and swimming fine.
FYI i cleaned my hands prior to handling of course.
Poor Fishey :( makes me sad

2up8dir.jpg

That looks a lot like he had something attached to him and its now gone, which could be he somehow scraped off the growth or it was an attached parasite that had partially burrowed under the skin. At this point I would just keep an eye on it

Ok, so the blood is gone, and the growth is back, i'm assuming it is a parasite. I have my sump and it's disconnected because i was trying something, so i think i will turn it into a hospital while it is disconnected. Here's the plan,

Insert a heater in the sump and use my little 10gallon light to illuminate it for him, bring down both fish at the same time ( i have a mated pair and i don't wanna seperate them ). Then put in some PVC for them to hang out in... after a day of them getting used too I'd like to start medicating... what to use? I have a bottle of maracyn for ich, i doubt its correct for the job... any suggestions?!?!

ALSO MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! :)!!!

I would treat in a separate tank with copper, but there could be eggs and other parasites in the tank and you will need to leave it fallow for a time.

But is the growth in the same spot on the same fish and have you seen this on any other fish?

If its in the same spot it unlikely its a parasite. However, im not quite sure what it is. It could be a tumor on the fish or some other sort of growth. As long as the fish is still eating I wouldnt get to concerned about treating until you have a better idea of what you are facing.

If there is still an open wound it wouldn't hurt to treat with a little Melafix to help him heal and to avoid infection. That stuff is gentle, safe, and it works great.

Back